Life Enrichment Coordinator Full-Time/Part-Time
- Participates in creating an atmosphere of caring, warmth, and personal interest in the life of the resident that help support high quality of life for our residents.
- Evaluates and monitors individual resident’s responsiveness to the activities, to ensure that they are meeting the needs of the residents.
- Works with residents to engage them in activities to promote their physical, social, and mental well-being.
- Organizes small groups and spontaneous activities as required.
- Engages nursing staff. E.g. CNA’s in the life enrichment activities.
- Participates and leads the efforts around meal services.
- Works closely with volunteer coordinator to maximize Nevins volunteer pool.
- Provides support and direction to volunteers for activities and visits.
- Participates in planning monthly life enrichment calendars.
- Completes necessary documentation regarding resident participation in activities.
- Performs other additional duties as required.
- High School graduate or equivalent experience.
- More than 1 year job related experience.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with staff, volunteers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Committed to working with residents, families, volunteers, and team members to help develop and implement strategies that promote person-centered care.
- Proven ability to interact with residents in a positive and cheerful manner.
- Must have patience and show enthusiasm while encouraging residents to engage in activities.
- Good communication and judgment skills.
- Must be able to respond with flexibility to unusual and emergent situations.
Assistant Director of Rehabilitation
Nevins is currently seeking a highly motivated licensed professional for the position of Assistant Director of Rehabilitation. Qualified candidates should have a collaborative leadership style with strong interdisciplinary focus; the ideal candidate should be an outstanding communicator, a team player who is able to interact with all levels of the organization, residents and their families. Must be an agent for change to ensure Nevins will continue to grow and adapt to the changing needs of the elderly and disabled in our community. Required Qualifications:Current RPT or OTR license in Massachusetts, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Skilled nursing facility experience preferred.
Occupational Therapists, part time and per diem
Nevins is currently seeking per diem and part-time Registered Occupational Therapists (OT/R) licensed in MA to join our talented Rehab Services Team. Requirements: Registered Occupational Therapists (OT/R) licensed in the state of MA. Prior SNF or Outpatient/Rehab experience required. Must be able to work independently.Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in a geriatric setting.
Speech-Language Pathologist, part time
Nevins is currently seeking a part-time Speech-Language Pathologist to join our talented Rehab Services Team.
Essential Job Functions include establishing and providing therapeutic treatment programs to maximize speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing abilities within each resident’s structural or functional limitations, evaluating and treating residents, and serving as an integral member of the IDT.
- Experiential background in Speech-Language Pathology evaluation and treatment as they relate to medically based speech, cognitive/language, and swallowing disorders for the geriatric population.
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited SLP program
- Current Massachusetts professional license
- 2-3 years experience in a skilled nursing centre and/or rehab environment
RNs and LPNs, full time and part time, various shifts
Nevins is currently looking for remarkable RN’s and LPN’s to deliver compassionate care to our residents. To be considered you must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of 1-2 years of either short-term rehab or long-term care experience and possess an unencumbered nursing license in Massachusetts. Current BLS certification required. IV certification a plus.
CNAs, full time and part time, various shifts
We are currently seeking Certified Nursing Assistants for our skilled nursing facility to assist residents with activities of daily living and provide basic nursing care. Candidates must be certified in the state of MA and have a minimum of six months to one year related work experience, long term care experience preferred.
Physical Therapists (RPT) part time and per diem
Nevins is currently seeking RPT to join our talented Rehab Services Team. Flex coverage for week day and week ends, must be available on-call, as needed.
Requirements: Registered Physical Therapist (RPT) licensed in the state of MA Prior SNF/Rehab experience required Able to work independently Excellent verbal and written communication skills Excellent assessment skills for medically complex and orthopedic patient caseload in a geriatric setting.
Dietary Aides, part time, various shifts
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides assistance in all food functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established food policies and procedures.
Prepares food items for service according to the therapeutic menu
Keeps equipment and work areas clean
Practices safe food handling techniques and observes sanitizing requirements
Delivers and retrieves resident meals to the nursing unit
Prepares dishes for washing, washes dishes and stores dishes accordingly
Prepares pots for washing, washes pots and stores pots accordingly
May assist or fill in for waitress as requested by supervisor
Complies with established policies, procedures and sanitation standards
Reports findings to immediate supervisor
Provides adequate assistance as directed by the supervisor
Reports safety concerns to the supervisor immediately
Attends scheduled in-service meetings
Performs additional duties as assigned
Must be able to follow directions
Must be able to read, write, and understand English
Learn the practices and procedures of department.
If interested in any of our positions:
- You may also Download our employment application, fill it out and fax it to our Human Resources Department at 978.686.3194
Nevins is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability or any other protected factor.